Subject Re: Type 2 vs. Type 4 Performance
Author sbnspindler
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Roman Rokytskyy"
<rrokytskyy@a...> wrote:
> > Local connection with isql works fine, but not from my java
> > application.
>
> Careful, if I remember correctly, isql does not perform local
connection,
> but accesses the file directly. That was also a reason of database
> corruptions.
>
> > What else can i make wrong ??
>
> Start your Java application under root account. If that's the case,
you have
> permission problems.
>
> Roman

It doesn't work under root account.
Can you see from the exception, which library is not found ?
libjaybird.so or libfbclient.so/libfbembed.so ?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initilize jaybird native
library. This is most likley due to a failure to load the firebird
client library.
at
org.firebirdsql.ngds.GDS_Impl.attemptToLoadAClientLibraryFromList
(GDS_Impl.java:135)
at org.firebirdsql.ngds.GDS_Impl.<init>(GDS_Impl.java:82)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSFactory.createGDSForType
(GDSFactory.java:63)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSFactory.getGDSForType
(GDSFactory.java:48)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnectionFactory.<init>
(FBManagedConnectionFactory.java:127)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver.connect(FBDriver.java:121)
at openSM2.ConnectorStatus.OpenWriteConnection
(ConnectorStatus.java:211)
at openSM2.basFunktionen.OpenDataDBFirebird
(basFunktionen.java:6130)
at openSM2.basFunktionen.OpenDataDB(basFunktionen.java:6054)
at openSM2.frmSM2ONLINEPC.AnalyzeHostDataJava
(frmSM2ONLINEPC.java:3876)
at openSM2.frmSM2ONLINEPC.tcpServer_DataArrival
(frmSM2ONLINEPC.java:6495)
at openSM2.ServerSocketThread.run(ServerSocketThread.java:91)