Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Firebird and The Rest of The World
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Friday 12 March 2004 21:04, Jack Frosch wrote:

Hi,

> I got this today and wondered if anyone in the Java side of the world
> knows anything about James and why HypersonicSQL would be a better choice
> than Jaybird/Firebird?

HSQL is the 'Access' of the Java world, its pure java, requires no setup, no
configuration and is small (160Kb for the whole thing).

For Java products that require a database HSQL is often shipped as the
'default' DB, so users can be up and running without having to install and
configure anything (much like Windows products often support Access out of
the box, but allow you to configure any ODBC/ADO database of your choice)

Even though HSQL is often shipped as the default DB in products, I know of no
one that either uses it, or recommends it for production use, just like
nobody would recommend or use 'Access' in production for anything other than
a trivial desktop app.

Phil
--
Discover a lost art - play Marbles