Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] Firebird, JDBC and Tomcat
Author David Aldrich
Hi

The problem probably lies with either your CLASSPATH or with the driver
path in your Torque.Properties file.

I did not succeed in using JayBird with Track+, but I did succeed in
using Interclient. If you do use Interclient I suggest you use JDK 1.3.

Best regards

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Bayu [mailto:bayu@...]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 01:39
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Firebird-Java] Firebird, JDBC and Tomcat

Hi all,

Recently i just install JayBird and Tomcat with Track+ app

After instalation, calls http://localhost:8080/track and show the
logon.jsp

I put username as admin and password tissi ( default user and pass )

and errors occurs like this

Database connection could not be established. This is most likely due to
a wrong username/password and/or database driver in your
Torque.properties file. Please have a look at the Administrators Guide
or contact your system administrator.
Since the user and password is no changes i think the wrong user/pass
will not ocurred
Here is my Torque.properties about connection to database

torque.database.default = track
torque.database.track.username = friedj
torque.database.track.password = tissi
#
---
#
# In this section the driver for your database management system needs
# be enabled. This depends on what kind of RDBMS (Interbase, MySQL,
etc.)
# you have and possibly on what kind of operating system the database
# server is running. Of course, only one driver can be enabled at a
time!
#
# 1) Interbase or Firebird on Windows 32
torque.database.track.driver = org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver
torque.database.track.url = jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:c:/data/TRACK.GDB
Connection test via JBuilder to track.gdb is done
Any comment are welcome
Thanks

Telecom MODUS is an ISO9001/TickIT approved Company.
LRQA Certificate of Approval reference 0965133
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE AND/OR PROPRIETARY.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please forward the whole message to admin@...
Company Registration No.3493954
Telephone Number +44 (0) 1372 381880
Fax Number +44 (0) 1372 381804