Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] embeded java - a small report
Author Nikolay Ivanchev
Well, I am not ace-high developer, actually I am doing R&D and project
management
But for me the proper solution for placing embedded dlls is not in system
wide directories, but where the program is installed.
At the begining I placed jaybird.dll in the same directory where launcher
was, and it was still complayning. When i modified java.library.path
it is working perfectly in number of OS-es - win98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003
(all our windows test mashines)
The 'freeze' problem dissapeared the next day and all test cases work
properly. I have converted two programs and they work just fine. This is
a 'problem' course I don't like problems that solves themself. But since all
tests run properly even those that require multiple conenctions to one
database I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

As for Linux - I will send a mail Monday.

> Hi Nikolay,
>
> >Actually this is what I done
> >at the begining of the program I added
> > String jlp = System.getProperty("java.library.path");
> > String ud = System.getProperty("user.dir");
> > System.setProperty("java.library.path",jlp+";"+ud+";.");
> >Now it looks in the directory where it is started for .dll's
>
> The java.library.path will be used when the JVM loads jaybird.dll using
> System.loadLibrary. The thing is though when jaybird.dll tries to load the
> firebird client library or firebird embedded dll(and this in turn loads
UDF
> dlls etc) - the value of java.library.path is not longer effective.
Instead

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/