Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Can't connect to DB
Author David Jencks
The pooling in jboss (3) and the firebird jca driver is very similar, it is
based on the same code (I added it to the firebird driver when I rewrote
the jboss pooling code). It fits in better with the internal structure of
the firebird driver than the tomcat pooling will, but is unlikely to make a
significant performance difference. I don't know how modular Tomcat is,
but it's possible using the built in pooling would let you remove Tyrex (if
they are really using it) which is not small.

david jencks