Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Jdbc standard connection url
Author Mark O'Donohue
Hi Blas

Blas Rodriguez Somoza wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've commited a patch to allow jdbc standard connection url syntax. The connection syntax is
>
> <protocol>:<subprotocol>:[//host[:port]/]<database>
>
> Now the Interclient url must be valid if the subprotocol is changed from interbase to firebirdsql.

A while ago I fixed a small bug, that meant the /3050 'had' to be there
a url of the form "jdbc:firebirdsql:server.name:/path/to/db.gdb" (ie
missing the /3050 did not work [I think it was an if ... if, rather than
an if .. .else if ... condition).

Do you mind checking that you can still specify the URL without the
port#, in the new format, and in the old if that's still valid.

I think it was the fact that the /3050 was considered optional but was
actually needed, that threw a few people off (well me anyway).[ and that
is still true of the binary download]

Cheers

Mark