Subject Re: [IB-Java] Suggested Program of Work
Author David Jencks
Hi,
Jim I respectfully partially disagree. JDBC 1 assumes no connection
pooling, no 2pc, etc etc. JDBC 2 and 3 and JCA allow for the possibility
of XA transaction management. I say if we want to end up with an XA
capable driver we need to put it in from the start, otherwise it would be
just like upgrading interserver to support XA. ( My guess is that
Interserver was mostly designed to hide 2pc possibilities of Interbase...
more top quality engineering).

david jencks