Subject Re: [IB-Java] Logging interface
Author Thomas Nichols
At 01:42 28/11/2001 +0100, Paulo Gaspar wrote:
>David,
>

>Give me some more time to post the logging thing. Things
>are a bit hectic over here.
>
>I already fixed the JDK 1.4 logging wrapper (which I
>don't use). Now I just need some more time to cleanup the
>rest.

A lightweight logger that could interface either to JDK 1.4 (if available)
or log4j would be a definite bonus - although I find log4j a cleaner model
(simply because of logging levels), JDK 1.4 is what most people will have
installed (within a year or two).

Have you seen the Lumberjack JavaLogging project at
http://javalogging.sourceforge.net/ ? Gives you a JSR47 (JDK1.4) compliant
API for use with earlier VMs.
<... checks ....>
Ah - GPL, so only usable as brain-food on this project I'd guess.

Regards,
Thomas.