Subject Re: [IB-Java] Re: client-java driver pretty slow
Author David Warnock
David Jencks wrote:

> A couple more comments/questions--
>
> 1. The amount of logging is still kind of ridiculous for production use. I
> am very tempted to use log4j to make the amount of logging configurable
> while running. How much outcry would there be towards adding this library?

We already use Log4j so no problem for us. I agree that it might be a
problem for anyone using the driver in an applet, but guess that nobody
would do that on the internet therefore I am guessing bandwidth is not a
major issue.

> 2. To solve the "blob access outside of autocommit transaction" problem,
> how about putting each blob access in its own transaction (when autocommit
> is happening)? I haven't looked but think this would be pretty easy to
> implement.

Do we know what interclient did for this and the other autocommit
features. Interclient was a pretty reliable driver for us, it was just a
PITA that it needed interserver.

Thanks

Dave