Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Make a wiki and centralize all info about firebird there
Author Kurt Federspiel
Hi, Helen.

FWIW, I have had HORRIBLE success (or lack there of) with (Open)SuSE and compatibility. It seems as soon as they have plans for a "new" version, they drop support of anything older.

I have had good success with RH/Fedora and RHEL, and GREAT success with Ubuntu.

I'm not a snob, but I really HATE compatibility issue...I just want it to work.

Regards.
Kurt.
Never underestimate the Power of Denial.

________________________________
From: Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
To: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 4:32:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Make a wiki and centralize all info about firebird there

<SNIP>

Someone mentioned Confluence.. ..well, putting Confluence in has been in the plans for quite a while now. As I understand it, Confluence doesn't work with the version of Jira we have; and the version[s] of Jira that it does work with are not compatible with the version of SuSE (or OpenSuSE...one or the other) that is installed on the current Tracker server (which itself is about to be moved to a different host location).

Helen