Subject Re: [Firebird-general] What do you think about Firebird official site?
Author Lester Caine
marius popa wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2008 1:22 PM, Erick Sasse <esasse@...> wrote:
>
>>> What is one of the most sucessfull websites around ? Answer Google
>>> Design simple
>>> why is it good ? the product behind it is good , that is what counts
>>> in the end
>> Do you buy the most ugly car because its engine never fails? I don't. :)
>> Take a look at PostgreSQL website for instance. Very simple, very
>> professional.
>
> yes is very well done and i like the part with the documentation and
> manuals

This is the one thing I miss.
While 'the book' has everything in it, you can't go 'CASE' and find a crib sheet.
The SQL reference guide that I had running on a Firebird powered wiki some
time ago has died again through lack of support, and while I know it's
somewhere in the documentation project I can't see it.
I know key people do not like the wiki concept, but edit rights can be
restricted to approved users, and an easily accessible facility where pages
can be added at will would address many of the problems.

I don't think that the current website is 'overly broken' since navigation HAS
improved a lot, it just some missing and difficult to use pages that need a
bit of TLC.

( Of cause if the whole website was in bitweaver running on Firebird one could
change offer users a selection of styles and then THEY can decide on the look :) )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL