Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: MySQL to Fight Oracle With Firebird or SolidDB?
Author marius popa
On 4/18/06, mailmur <mailmur@...> wrote:

> SolidTech implements transaction-aware db format for MySql, known as
> solidDB. Do MySQL going to have every possible table engine available?

quoting one slashdot post-er
"Solid is just offering YA storage engine that works with MySQL, and they
happen to be GPLing it. This does -not- mean MySQL is adopting anything from
Solid. "
http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/04/16/2240233.shtml

It is quite clear that innodb format might fall to a limbo state. But
> is Jim Starkey's team going to create an inhouse transaware format at
> MySQL?
>
> No point having too much engines to serve same solution. It just
> confuse customers.

sometimes is better ti Keep it Simple

I have used soliddb as an desktop engine many many years ago, client
> was Borland Delphi apps. It was easy to use and quite fast engine, but
> then it dissapeared from the desktop market.

first time i heard about them

Related News links:

> > Please see:
> > http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2006/03/01/mysql_sap_certification/
> >
> > MySQL is moving out of web-space and moving into transaction-space,
> > which is traditionally our turf.

Well they have the investors asking for results ;) (SAP,Intel,RedHat ...)

> > I'm betting a bottle of my favorite champagne (Veuve Cliquot) that
> > MySQL will have a transactional engine similar in design to Firebird
> by the time it goes public.

i agree with the champagne argument ;)

--
developer flamerobin.org