Subject RE: [Firebird-general] stop-sign problems
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:09 PM 14/04/2006, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am still lurking on this list. But I decided to comment, I also had
>strange things happen after the most recent Microsoft update. I found that I
>couldn't access certain directories from Word.

Interesting - (Win2K SP4) - I have the same problem with Word AND
with the Windows Search tool.

>I rolled back the update
>after seeing your post and all is well now. So something went wrong with the
>Microsoft update.

Yup. I might end up rolling back the update as well. :-( But
first, I think I'll try turning off the file indexing. Without the
indexing, Word is very slow finding stuff but at least it doesn't
hang completely as it's doing now.

Helen