Subject Re: [Firebird-general] stop-sign problems
Author Lester Caine
Helen Borrie wrote:

> At 10:40 AM 14/04/2006, you wrote:
>
>>Second, Helen, I'm surprised you got that. Are you sure you aren't infected
>>by some adware program? This is typical behavior of popping-up other
>>(competitor) companies offerings on top of the site you are visiting.
>>There's nothing suspicious on the alert page's sources either, so I think
>>it's your computer.
>
> Claudio, I don't think so. I have pop-ups blocked, and I never see
> them usually. This has to be coming from the linkage itself. That
> said, it doesn't happen in Firefox, only IE 6, so I suppose it could
> be that I got even more damage in yesterday's Microsoft Update
> payload than I've otherwise encountered so far ...

I'm with Claudio - what are you clicking on the frisk front page as I'm
not seeing things anyway.

Just to expand on the initial warning ...

stop-sign is ALSO trying to remove 'radmin' which is a commercial remote
support tool that I have to use for some council operated sites.

At the moment eAcceleration deny that there is a problem, but are
'looking into it'

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL