Subject RE: [Firebird-general] stop-sign problems
Author Thomas Clarke
Hi all,

I am still lurking on this list. But I decided to comment, I also had
strange things happen after the most recent Microsoft update. I found that I
couldn't access certain directories from Word. I rolled back the update
after seeing your post and all is well now. So something went wrong with the
Microsoft update.

Thomas Clarke.

-----Original Message-----
From: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Helen Borrie
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:27 PM
To: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Firebird-general] stop-sign problems

At 10:40 AM 14/04/2006, you wrote:

>Second, Helen, I'm surprised you got that. Are you sure you aren't
>infected by some adware program? This is typical behavior of popping-up
>other
>(competitor) companies offerings on top of the site you are visiting.
>There's nothing suspicious on the alert page's sources either, so I
>think it's your computer.

Claudio, I don't think so. I have pop-ups blocked, and I never see them
usually. This has to be coming from the linkage itself. That said, it
doesn't happen in Firefox, only IE 6, so I suppose it could be that I got
even more damage in yesterday's Microsoft Update payload than I've otherwise
encountered so far ...

Helen

Community email addresses:
Post message: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com