Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Resources and company involvement
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:07 PM 30/04/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>There is an interesting thread over at postgres, started of by Bruce
>Momjian:
>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2005-04/msg00225.php
>If you're interested, read the whole thread.
>
>The picture I get is that the overall amount of developer resource
>isn't very different from ours, regardless of what they say in
>interviews.
>
>Also, they come across as a bit disorganised. We may have our debates
>over FB3 merge process, but overall we're focussed and have managed
>to tie company involvement into the core project.
>
>Our structure, with a Foundation, an admin committee and Dmitry
>Yemanov as the trusted "keeper of the core" seems to work relatively
>well.
>
>We can be proud of ourselves!

Sure; and I'm as proud as a Mum of our team and our ** inspired **
community. Methinks poor old Bruce and the core PG folk are sadly
belaboured by the BSD licence. At least, under our licensing, if people
make and sell closed source distros of Firebird, they are known to be
double-crossing our developers. Under their licence, they are being
double-crossed and it is allowed. Double-crossed and double-whammied,
since the same commercial firms appear to be head-hunting PG's core devs.

Helen