Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Would I be permitted to use this gloat image?
Author C Fraser
Hi,

Yip, not looking bad (ie. looking quite good), others seemed to have
'dissed' the 'Storage By' term, I actually liked that better than the
'Powered By' as it seems to explain what it actually does better... IMHO
Firebird(SQL) provides the storage for the website more than it powers
the website... Powered by sounds better left to the web server software
itself, again IMHO... But then again I like the ring of FirebirdSQL
better than just Firebird :-)... So just shoot me.

Regards
Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Tonies [mailto:m.tonies@...]
Sent: Thursday, 3 July 2003 7:32 p.m.
To: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Firebird-general] Would I be permitted to use this gloat
image?

Nigel,

> > I know I've caused headaches for a lot of people, but I'm wondering
> > if
this
> > gloat is ok?
> >
> > It features the bird, fresh from a vector conversion from Chris
> > Knight
> > (chris@...)
> >
> > The bird's red, through to orange at the top
> > The word 'SQL' is seperate, and on it's own line
> > The word 'Firebird' is clear, but not using the standard font (not
available
> > freely)
> > It doesn't have the header 'Storage by' that many people disliked.
> > It has colour, so it isn't so dull.
> >
> > Does the 'SQL' text need to be smaller, so the 'Firebird' text does
> > not cover it?

I would drop the SQL altogether -

SQL is "only" an interface to the data, nothing more.

> > I need a gloat that fits in with the other open-source gloats.
> > That's
why I
> > can't have white backgrounds, big circles, huge red fonts, etc...
> >
> > http://www.aims.com.au/nigel/fb/demo.html
>
> This one looks really very nice, especially it fits in with the others

> perfectly, IMHO. I like it, well done!

Agreed.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird Upscene
Productions http://www.upscene.com

Community email addresses:
Post message: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: Firebird-general-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/Firebird-general

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Attention:
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient then please do not distribute,
copy or use this information. Please notify us immediately by return
email and then delete the message from your computer.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.