Subject Re: Comments on logo usage - Re: [Firebird-general] Logo work stops...
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:33 AM 2/07/2003 +0200, Martijn wrote:
>Helen, others -
>
>I like the foundation logo. It's clear, simple and effective.
>

> > Myself, I don't especially like the font and colours which Pavel uses on
> > the Firebird website (and which IBPhoenix reduced, shadowed and offered as
> > a gloat logo for community use). I think Pavel probably did this one
> > too. I think he told me that the font came from Corel Draw.
>
>Then why don't remove that logo?

I'm not the webmaster, Pavel is.

>Why is the www.firebirdsql.org logo different if we have an "official" logo?

It was Pavel's choice to use the brick-red. A lot of people like it, I
think. It's the same image, he has just coloured it differently.

>Why is the bird used in the "I'm a Firebird sponsor" image different?

It is a *little* different, in that it doesn't have the right wing (on the
left side) detached. That's because I used the new version of the graphic,
that IBPhoenix had done for us. Though some error, the artist forgot to
detach the wing. But that vectored graphic scales down a lot better than
the Markus Soell version does. No other reason.

Otherwise, it's the same as the (official) Markus Soell one.

>Wouldn't it be time to set things straight once and for all?

Some time it should be set straight. Perhaps the Foundation could fund an
artist to fix up the graphic for us.

Helen