Subject Re: [Firebird-general] History
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 10:02 PM 6/9/2003 +0100, Lester Caine wrote:

>The current 'suggestion' is that this was all just a rumor
>and that Borland 'had other ideas'.

And indeed they did. My impression was Borland intended
to fund InterBase at a starvation level - no new releases
including version 6 - and milk it for support revenue.
That is not one of the plans that a company ordinarily
reveals.

> The old grey cells seem to think
>that SOMETHING was printed to the effect that Interbase was
>to be phased out, and it was that which prompted the
>activity, rather than just rumors in the newsgroups?

As far as I remember, the whole thing started with rumors,
fueled by the disappearance of well-known individuals.

Regards,

Ann