Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Fwd: Use of the name "Firebird"
Author Paul Reeves
On Thursday 18 December 2003 14:02, Robert J Munro wrote:
> Paul Reeves wrote:
> >
> >Let's talk figures - how much would be enough?
>
> What about matching all the foundations donations to date?

Let me ask again - how much of a donation from the Mozilla foundation
would be enough?

> >Publicity is the last thing we need, imo.
>
> Not sure what you mean by that.

I mean that we don't need extra publicity. Word of mouth is quite adequate
for the time being. The project is growing, the user base is growing. If
we try to force the growth we will fall over.

> Do you really think that many of the current "organicly grown" users
> will loose us in the name change?

No, but that isn't the point. There is a far wider pool out there that
know of Firebird and will become potential users. Many of them are
already disappointed and/or confused by the history of InterBase.
Changing the name of Firebird at this stage, after three years of
branding would seriously damage the confidence of this group and
seriously affect our organic growth.

Paul
--
Paul Reeves