Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Fwd: Use of the name "Firebird"
Author rainaple@tin.it
Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Hi Andrew, Brendan, everyone,

Hi Martin,

> Andrew, Brendan stated this before: I for one believe him. Despite
> your feelings towards Mozilla or how this all started, at least give
> them the benefit of doubt.

Martin, I close the talk here, but do I remember badly or had it
been promised already at the previous release that it would have
been changed?

If I remember bad, I apologize.

> It's also a fact that Brendan said that they will change the name
> with the .8 release.

Sorry Martin, but that's words, not facts.
However, I have nothing against Mozilla itself, I
clearly said it. I have a problem with them not
complying to what they were saying.

If I remember bad, I apologize. But I really
remember this had been said earlier( the name
change at some previous release ).

> What is done is done. Now it's time to set things straight -
> wait until the .8 release.

I will for sure.
I'm not supposed to publish my site any soon, but if at the
.8 release things will still be as they're now, be sure I'll let
facts follow my word.

> Brendan, for what it's worth, I'm waiting for the .8 release and
> I'm expecting exactly what you said. I cannot speak for others
> [members] of our community, but as you can see/read, there are
> people who are a bit sensitive on the subject and not everyone
> knows what has been said in the past.

I must say, though, that I really appreciate Brendan still sitting here
reading our emails, it feels like someone's listening at least.

Btw, I wonder how it would feel if I asked support for Firebird
database in Mozilla's forums <g> that would be fun :-)

Cheers,

>Martijn Tonies

Andrew