Subject Re: IB Fields
Author mmenaz
--- In IBDI@y..., "custom_soft_sol" <custom_soft_sol@y...> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I am trying to create a Interbase Table but I don't know what the
> interbase field is for a Boolean Field.

There is no such a field type! Usually programmer choose a conventional one (i.e. shortint and 0/1 value, or char and Y/N value, etc.) and have a pain to make it work on the front-end.
If you, like me, are using IBO and native compoents, you are luky: ibo has a build in support for booleans, in the sense that you tell him about your convention and then your components will use that field like a boolean one.
More, if you are clever, you define a domain for your booleans and, at IB_Connection level, tell IBO that all fields with that domain are boolean :)
I suggest you to buy the very useful Getting Started Guide (GSG from Ibobjects.com) or go to the IBO only yahoo list.
Hope this will help you to find the right direction :)
Regards
Marco Menardi