Subject Re: [IBDI] Re: Want to buy FB CD with credit card plus some suggestions
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:38 AM 08-04-02 +0000, you wrote:
>--- In IBDI@y..., "Leyne, Sean" <sleyne@a...> wrote:
> > Marco,
> >
> > If you contact Paul Beach (pbeach@i...) he'll be more than
> > happy to take your money and ship you a CD (he's located in the UK)
>
>Oh, thanks, maybe there should be a little more information for that in
>the site, I think European FB users are many :)

FYI, IBP dispatches all of the CDs from the UK. As a recipient in a
far-flung outpost of empire, I can vouch that longest it has ever been from
UK to my isolated residence in outback Australia is 8 days, which is a
feature of Australia Post rather than any slowness in Europe.

Also, IBPhoenix *does* user secure service for credit card
processing....and the website clearly shows Paul Beach as the contact for CDs.

> > > What about a special, low price ($20?) labeled CD that I
> > > could buy just to give an added value to my customers, and
> > > make them feel that they are "legal, registered software"?
> > > Open source is not very understood by my clients.

Why couldn't you make up such a CD yourself? Otherwise, who do you think
is going to pay the costs of making up, maintaining and distributing a
cheap CD that costs you $20? To assume that the only cost in a CD is the
cost of the media shows a lamentable lack of understanding of the value of
other people's time.

Or perhaps you think that the Firebird developers should do this for you,
as a gesture of thanks for your benevolence in including their free
software in your products...

Helen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·