Subject Re: [IBDI] Re: Just a marketing suggestion for FB1.0 CD
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:28 AM 24-02-02 -0500, Kevin Lawrence wrote:
>:
>Please excuse the social faux pas

..this time.. <g>

Anyway, let's all keep our breakfasts down and our ideas up.

Personally, I like phoenixes and the idea of a brand new one hatching out
and lasting 500 years...it means Firebird will see me out. Forget the
ashes, we were there for the hatching, that's the important thing to keep
in mind.

Following up Pavel's description, I have done some sketches of a cute,
fluffy phoenix chick with kinda googly eyes. Since my eyes are a bit
googly right now, I'll defer finishing them (painting and scanning) until I
can see straight, and then post them on my website.

Roger, don't lose sight of the fact that we're discussing a mascot here,
not a new logo. Something for Artur to stuff in boxes we don't have, along
with CDs we don't have (but that's a detail) and manuals we will have (some
day not far away). (As long as Artur doesn't decide to put pictures of
birth-control pills all over the boxes! still, the pills didn't work all
that well - the egg was fertile and we got the chick, didn't we?)

H.

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database ยท http://firebirdsql.org