Subject Re: [IBDI] Dear Helen...
Author Adam Clarke
While (as always) Helen has much to offer on this topic, and I respect her
leadership position in the community please don't under value what Markus
perspective has to offer.

Markus has come in to have a look at Firebird and discovered a tangles mess
of interwoven websites which reflect the tangled mess of the current divide
between Firebird, Interbase and the various interest groups that exist in
between.

While I understand these better than Markus seems to, his confusion tells us
something useful. The current situation is confusing. It alienates new
people because there is overlapping information/utility/goals behind each of
the websites associated with IB/Firebird. It's difficult to understand and
it's too easy to trip over someone's jangled nerves.

Marcus wishes for a world where we can ignore Borland and their disingenuous
OSS marketing tactics. And you know what, so do I.

At some point a decision needs to be taken that there is no point staying on
the fence with FireBird, particularly when it comes to marketing it to
newcomers. Not doing so leads to a situation where potential new users move
on to MySQL or Postgresql just because their situation seems more stable and
scruitable than the Firebird one.

my 2c only.

Cheers
Adam