Subject Re: [IBDI] Usage HOWTO
Author David Jencks
Hi,

Which Firebird? (CS or SS?) which Redhat?

I think there may be 2 problems with rh7 based an the little I can remember
of my experience a couple of months ago:

1. RH7 ships with lots of wrong libraries, mostly glibc. I had to spend
several hours updating over the web.

2. I use SS, so I'm not too sure about this... I think CS expects to use
inetd, however rh7 uses xinetd, a much better solution, but it requires a
different way to start the processes... an interbase file in the xinetd
directory. I think there is a document on rh7 and firebird somewhere on
the web site, sorry I'm not sure where.

I suggest trying isql to connect. I think you have to type the full path
/opt/interbase/bin/isql since there seems to be something else called isql
on the path already.

Hope this is relevant.

David Jencks