Subject Recommendation for a c++ profiler?
Author Mark O'Donohue
On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Dmitry Yemanov
<dimitr@...> wrote:
> paulruizendaal wrote:
>>
>> If the observations on that page are correct, than FB would benefit
>> from refactoring 'looper' (essentially a parse tree walker coroutine)
>> into a byte-code engine.
>
> I wouldn't be so optimistic. Let's analyze what runtime performance
> costs do they eliminate:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good c++ profiler, both
windows and unix?

I used to use g++ gprof, but looking around a month ago, it seems that
g++/gprof still does not work well with threads.

I find it is always good to look at the real data, sometimes there is
a surprise hidden in there.

Cheers - Mark