Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: embedding Lua as procedural language
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
>> JavaScript may take longer, unless you already know how to embed
>> them.
>>

> Embedding Rhino (JavaScript engine in Java, Mozilla) is a matter of 1-2
> days of implementation incl. the usage scenario:
>
> var results = connection.execute("select first_name, last_name from
> people where town=?", "Manchester");
>
> while (results.next())
> doSomething(results.first_name, results.last_name);
>
> delete results;
What about javax.script package?

With some small (that I already plan) additions to FB Java Engine, it
will be possible to implement an engine in Java that interfaces with
javax.script engines.

Would it be possible (and good) to directly call JDBC methods from
Javascript functions?

Certainly will not be the fast things, but easy enough to support and if
desired, reimplemented in different ways.

Adriano