Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Group Commits
Author Jim Starkey
Pascalis wrote:

>I agree with you that at most cases it does not make any sense but there are
>exceptions. I can give you some examples I can thing of now:
>

>1) There are applications where a unique sequential number (without holes)
>is required on every transaction. In this case as you well understand every
>transaction waits previous one to commit.

I'm sorry, but this has been discussed at length in the past. If that's
what you need, generators won't do it. Generators are designed to
satisfy a specific technical need, which is to generate unique ids.
They are designed to satisfy the desires of bean counters. You have a
different problem, and you will have to find a different solution.

>2) When inserting large amount of data I usually commit every few hundreds
>of records. This has to be rewritten.

I really don't understand what you mean...