Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Firebird as embedded DB on Windows (from IB-Support)
Author John Bellardo
Roman,

On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 11:39 AM, Jim Starkey wrote:

> At 10:09 PM 10/25/02 +0400, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>
> If you don't need to handle network requests, there's no reason to
> run the remote server at all. The system was designed so the
> server was properly layered on the callable engine. Reverting to
> a single callable engine should be no more than untangling a messy
> build system (once simple "make"). If it's going to talking to
> a single process, you can probably dummy out the lock manager
> as well.

This is what I originally thought you wanted to do. But I guess it
needs asking. Are you trying to create your own brand of FB server
(maybe listening on a different port), or creating your own custom
server (where FB doesn't handle network connections at all) and simply
want to use FB as the embedded data storage/query component of that
server? I assumed the later. In fact, the later is probably easier.

-John