Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Data clustering
Author Steve Landrum
At 10:10 AM 6/29/01 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:03 PM 6/28/01 -0700, David Schnepper wrote:
>>
>>There is lots of value in localizing data --
>>
>>For instance, a few months back I made a change to a 63M row table
>>(um, Oracle)
>>

>Before somebody does something really dumb with regard to
>clustered indexes, do the numbers first.

I have a database that would be good for testing. In one table we search
records geographicly by latitude and longitude. In another table we search
by first name last name fields. Several other tables would be ordered by
primary key.

I,ll make a program that moves data from one database to a new database
using an index in the select of the source table. Should be able to get
this done this weekend.

Steve