Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Data clustering
Author Jason Chapman (JAC2)
We backup and restore once a month - for the DB it makes a significant
performance benefit (although I'm not convinced that just re-booting the NT
server isn't as effective). Most use-cases of data access in 1 -> many
relationships occur on browse screens, "goto client, look at bank
transactions for client by date". Having these pieces of data contiguous on
disk should give a signigficant perf benefit.

BTW Ann, Solution 2 is my least favorite (external file). 1 or 3 seem about
the same, can we allow it to work on 5.6 DB structures as well. How much
effort do you think it would take to implement?

JAC.