Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Borland posted new versions and patch software at their website.
Author Kim-Bo.Madsen@sas.dk
Hi,

But my point is that they would like to frighten people from using the
Firebird version (full working DB or patch) or anything else than Borland IB
with such a statement. The Firebird project isnt even mentioned as being the
contributor of finding the bug in the first place.

They dont give much credit for the people solving the problem. Instead it
seems to be used as a warning not to use anything BUT Borland version. Thats
my whole point.

But it might be me that is reading English too bad, or overinterpreting the
text.

best regards

Kim Madse
kbm@...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Starkey [mailto:jas@...]
Sent: 12. januar 2001 00:10
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] Borland posted new versions and patch
software at their website.

At 12:08 PM 1/11/01 -0500, Craig Stuntz wrote:

>Kim-Bo.Madsen@... wrote:
>>
>> Now Borland has released a patch, and warned about using other patches
>> (Firebird. f.ex) will void warranty.
>
> Sure. One can't expect them to support software they don't provide.

Ever read the Borland software warranty? They warrant that the
installation medium will be readable for 30 days. End of Warranty.
Actually, not the end. They get quite explicit about what they
don't warrant.

On the other hand, this is pretty much the standard for our sorry
industry. At least the open source world warrants software for
up to the amount paid...

Jim Starkey