Subject Re: [IB-Architect] ibsecure.exe / ibsecure don't work with non-default installation paths
Author Jim Starkey
At 04:59 PM 1/10/01 -0000, Jeroen Pluimers wrote:
>I have non-default installation paths for interbase, and it seems
>that ibsecure (linux) and ibsecure.exe (windows) do not work
>correctly.
>
>Both executables indicate 'No insecure files were found' and do not
>patch the ibserver / ibserver.exe files/.
>
>On a RedHat 6.1 system, I have installed IB6 (the Borland download)
>into this directory:
>
>/usr/local/interbase/bin
>
>On a Windows 2000 Server (SP1) system (which is installed on E:\), I
>have installed IB56 (the Borland download) into this directory:
>
>E:\Program Files\InterBase Corp\InterBase\bin
>
>Two questions:
>1. How do I force ibsecure / ibsecure.exe to patch a certain
>ibserver / ibserver.exe ?
>2. How can I have ibsecure / ibsecure.exe show me where it has looked?

You can give ibsecure explicit file names on the command file.
Alternatively, you can use the -d <directory> switch on all
platforms exception VMS.

It should have been able to find the install on Win 2000 by
going to the registry for the install directory. Maybe we're
not checking all of the possible registry keys. Here is
where we're looking:

static char *registries [] = {
"SOFTWARE\\Interbase Corp\\Interbase\\CurrentVersion", "\\Bin\\ibserver.exe",
"SOFTWARE\\Borland\\Interbase\\CurrentVersion", "\\Bin\\ibserver.exe",
NULL
};

The -v (verbose) switch will tell you everywhere it looks.

There was an early suggestion that I do a full disk search,
but I was a little concerned about zapping word documents,
mail messages, and, of course, the source of the image
zapper.

Jim Starkey