Subject Re: [IB-Architect] OT: IB6 readiness...opinions solicited
Author Dominique Louis
Rob Schuff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have posted, to a couple of lists, the question of whether or not IB6 is ready as a deployable piece of software and whether anyone has deployed an app using it yet and have gotten no replies. Does this mean that nobody knows?
>
> Just how ready is IB6 for production?
>
> **ANY** opinions greatly appreciated here.

The Matlus Site ( http://www.matlus.com ) has been using IB6 since it was
first in beta. The whole site is dynamically served using IB6, Delphi ( for
the ISAPIs ) and runs on Windows 2000 attached to a cable modem. I believe
Shiv Kumar ( the site owner ) is also planning to port the site over to
Apache on Linux when Kylix comes out. Use IE for best results. Have a look
at the site statistics ( also dynamically servered ) to see if it handles
any loads you would call "production".

Hope this helps in some way.

--
Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
** To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
** And the Geeks will inherit the Earth! **
From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis
Email. . . . . . . : Dominique@...
Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
Delphi Games Site. : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
G4D Mirrror Site . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi/g4d
Delphi JEDI Site . : http://www.delphi-jedi.org