Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Re: 64 Bit Integers
Author Chris Jewell
> From: "David Schnepper" <dave@...>
> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 00:48:39 -0000
>
> --- In IB-Architect@egroups.com, Chris Jewell <cjewell@i...> wrote:
>
> 64-bit ints -- I'll give it a 9.9. It would have gotten a 10.0
> except for that crash but reported with 24 hours of Tuesday's
> release. (Though, perhaps that is really a genid problem, not a 64
> bit int problem....)
>
> (Hi Chris!)
>
> Dave

Hi Dave!

I'll take a 9.9, given that it was my first major feature-addition to
the system. Many thanks are due to both Dave and Sriram (and some
other people who are not on this list) for their help, in different
ways, in making that feature work as well as it does. The bug is
entirely my own.

For the information of all readers, the CVS tree available at
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/Interbase
contains a fix for that bug, in file dsql/pass1.c. (... also for a
few other bugs that we IB engineers in Scotts Valley fixed after the
6.0 open-source code freeze in June.)

--
Chris Jewell developer/sysadmin voice: 831-431-6531
cjewell@... InterBase Software fax: 831-431-6510