Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Re: IB 6.1 Whish: boolean field
Author Ken Richard
Another reason for a boolean field is inability to use domains as variables
or stored procecure parameters. I understand why domains cannot be used
outside of table definition - applying check constraints to variables is a
problem. It would be nice to either use the domains as datatypes for
variables or have some additional data types.

-----Original Message-----
From: Claudio Valderrama C. [mailto:cvalde@...]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 11:05 PM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: RE: [IB-Architect] Re: IB 6.1 Whish: boolean field

That's maybe because you are using TBDE descendants? In IBO, setting a
boolean field from a datatype is a snap.
Call me a show stopper if you want, but I wonder how can one make all people
agree on what's a boolean field. In a programming language, so simple. In a
database, it can be a char, an smallint, etc. Maybe we need to ask Diane in
the Mers list about the proposed SQL implementation, if such recommendation
exists.

C.