Subject Re: [IB-Architect] CVS guru?
Author Mark O'Donohue
Oliver Sturm wrote:

> Hallo Mark,
>
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2000 um 15:00:49, haben Sie geschrieben:
> (damed if I said that... ;)..

> Hm. I thought I might be able to use the stuff from the tgz files as a
> starting point, as they should be identical at this point to the stuff
> in the cvs at mers. Then later, I can get up to date easily by
> synchronizing. But you say there's no way telling CVS "here's what I
> got now, compare for changes and get me what I haven't got"?

The trouble is that the source files are identical but the stuff in the
CVS directories will be differnet, the ones in the .tar.gz files will point
to (and contain details about) file versions and directories in the
interbase.com CVS repositry.

This will not be the same as a checkout from the mers CVS repositry though.

Since the source files are identical, and at this early stage, the main thing
that is going to change is the build and make stuff, you might as well work
on the files you've got, then when you are happy with it you can do some
directory diffs etc then to work out exactly what you want to checkin to
mers.

Regards

Mark