Subject RE: [IB-Architect] ISC - State of the nation report ?
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
I think that ISC management will try to reach an agreement with Inprise and
exhaust all possibilities before declaring independence day or somewhat
alike.
If you read Bill Karwin's post, he's not crazy... probably it's better to
get all code and utilities that made up Interbase instead of starting to
rebuild all missing pieces.
If you want all pieces, you should pay Dale. If you want to start on your
own, ISC will need energy. In both cases, money is needed. That's the
problem. You cannot release a thing so sensitive like a new version of a db
engine without having ran a decent test suit, otherwise... you can guess.

C.