Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Warning!!! Bugs, Support... addition
Author Tim Uckun
At 05:54 PM 07/26/2000 +0400, you wrote:
>Hello, David!
>
>I don't know how W2K compares existing dll and dll to be installed,
>but the bad news that msvcrt.dll in IB6 distributive is TOO OLD,
>much older than msvcrt on my system (02/02/1999), but dated as
>NEWER, i.e. 06/23/2000.
>Seems that W2K thinking that it is a newer file and installs it over
>existing.

You know I always considered this a serious design flaw with windows. Any
dork with VB can write a DLL and give it the same name as a system DLL,
give it a version number of 9.xx or something and voila instant bomb/virus.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.