Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Warning!!! Bugs, Support... addition
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, David!

"David R. Robinson" wrote:

> For what it is worth, I forgot to add that the research that the person
> working on the installer indicated that this was a bug in the MS Setup API.
> It apparently wasn't reporting the version # right.
>
> I've installed IB 6 on Win2000 several other times since then and haven't
> seen the problem, so I'm not sure what setup you have to have to duplicate
> it, but it obviously still exists in some cases.

I don't know how W2K compares existing dll and dll to be installed,
but the bad news that msvcrt.dll in IB6 distributive is TOO OLD,
much older than msvcrt on my system (02/02/1999), but dated as
NEWER, i.e. 06/23/2000.
Seems that W2K thinking that it is a newer file and installs it over
existing.

I suggest to delete msvcrt.dll from IB 6 distributive and replace it
by the same named file from \SYSTEM32.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, Epsylon Technologies.
Welcome to http://ib.demo.ru/ (1251)