Subject Re: [IB-Architect] What registry settings for the ODBC driver ?
Author Tim Uckun
At 11:44 PM 7/11/00 +0000, you wrote:

>I've got DLL : IscDbc.dll, OdbcJdbc.dll and OdbcJdbcSetup.dll
>but no '.exe' to install the driver.
>Can someone tell me what are the registry setting
>for that driver ? I think it is a key to add to the
>HKLM\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI key.

Typically you would make the following entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI

First create a key called InterBase ODBC

APILevel "1" (string value)
ConnectFunctions "YYN" (string value)
Driver "C:\WINNT\System32\SomeODBC.dll" (string value)
DriverODBCVer "03:00" (string value)
FileUsage "0" (string value)
Setup "C:\WINNT\System32\SomeODBCS.dll" (string value)
SQLLevel "1" (string value)
UsageCount 0x00000001 (DWORD value)

Other optional entries may be present

Also in the 'ODBC Drivers' entry in the same location You have to insert

InterBase ODBC "Installed" (string value)

The DSNs are made in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI

(the former creates a system DSN and the latter a user DSN).

Here is a typical entry.

Database "MyDB" (string value)
Description "MyDB on the intranet server" (string value)
Driver "C:\WINNT\System32\SomeODBC.dll" (string value)
LastUser "" (string value)
PWD "" (string value)
Server "192.168.0.10" (string value)
UID "SomeUser" (string value)

Alternatively you can set up a file DSN. in the "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ODBC\Data Sources".

Directory named somthing.dsn like this.

[ODBC]
DRIVER=InterBase ODBC
UID=SomeUser
PWD=
WSID=MyComputer
Server=192.168.0.10
Database=MyDB

Tell you what send me the DLLs and I'll write you a install program.
Tim Uckun
Mobile Intelligence Unit.
"There are some who call me TIM?"