Subject Re: [IB-Architect] GDML?
Author Randal W. Carpenter
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Ann Harrison wrote:

> At 05:08 PM 6/14/00 -0400, Jim Starkey wrote:
> > We found a backup tape of the full (v2?) doc set in our attic.
> >Unfortunately, it's in Frame.
>

> Would that it were. It's in Troff - heavily macroed Troff.
> I've found a Troff to HTML translator, and as soon as my
> head stops pounding, I'll try it.
>
> Ann

Kewl, if it works, also put the troff source somewhere and maybe I can do
a gnu variation of that on it and get myself a postscript document for
nicer printing. groff is the formatter and runs a unix ...or linux in my
case... version of troff and post processors for all the following output
formats for the troff input...

ps For PostScript printers and previewers
dvi For TeX dvi format.
X75 For a 75 dpi X11 previewer.
X100 For a 100dpi X11 previewer.
ascii For typewriter-like devices.
latin1 For typewriter-like devices using the ISO Latin-1
character set.
lj4 For an HP LaserJet4-compatible (or other PCL5-com-
patible) printer.
html To produce HTML output.

Cause while I like computers, I absolutely hate reading web formatted text
when I am trying to do learn something like a new porgramming/scripting
language...I'm weird I guess :).

Randal