Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Official WISQL (and Delphi data access layer) for InterBase
Author Jim Starkey
At 11:26 AM 6/13/00 -0700, Jason Wharton wrote:
>> May I presume that the discussion of IB_WISQL is in anticipation of
>> its pending release under open source? If not, the architecture
>> list is not an appropriate forum.
>
>Pending? It already is "open". i.e. anyone who wants to use it for free can
>and the full source to it (including IBO for those who enhance it) is
>available to all. Is all people need additionally right now is Delphi 2+ and
>they are set.

Sorry, I really haven't been following the IBO stuff at all, and didn't
realize that the source was readily available. I'm apologize for
suggesting otherwise.

I certainly have no objection to discussing architecture of tools
on this (or any other list) as long as nobody is going to try to
assert ownership or copyright of ideas and algorithms discussed.

Jim Starkey