Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Select procedures
Author Jim Starkey
At 01:55 PM 6/8/00 -0700, Chris Jewell wrote:

>The modification tolerates SPs and triggers written the old way with
>"set term" for backward compatibility, understands which ";" ends the
>define|alter trigger|procedure statement, and extracts SPs and
>triggers either with or without SET TERM (so you can extract your DDL
>on a new system, then feed it back into an old one.) I'll merge that
>change into the CVS tree after we release 6.0 and get the source out
>to the community.

Something that I would love to see is an "upgrade" DDL verb, parallel
to "create" but creates, alters, or replaces the original with a new
definition, as appropriate.

The DDL tool (same ecological niche as IBConsole) on Netfrastructure
regenerates a SQL "upgrade" command for an object and drops it into
a edit window, ready for tweaking until right. No need for any alter
commands at all (yeah, I implemented then anyway 'cause I'm a nice guy).
The logic to match a new definition against an existing internal
form isn't all that bad.

Jim Starkey