Subject No support Q's here, please! WAS Re: [IB-Architect] SuperServer vs. Classic
Author Helen Borrie
Hi all, especially recent arrivals to this list:

Please avoid posting anything remotely like a support question to this list!

This one is purely for discussions of the architecture. That takes enough
concentration and consumes enough time, all by itself, without extra noise
from folk wanting advice.

Sorry - you must take these questions to interbase@... or (if
appropriate to community effort) to IBDI@....

Thanks for your consideration.

Helen
(Mod.)

At 08:45 PM 01-06-00 +0200, Dominique Louis wrote:

>First if someone could answer a question. I am about to start a large
>project that will necesitate the need for Interbase on the server as well
>as locally. Basically the application has to be able to run 24x7 and if
>the server goes down the user must be able to use a local server until the
>main server comes up at which point they will continue using the main
>server as per normal. The applicaion is heavyily multimedia orientated. So
>it will move large files around the server as well as locally. I initially
>thought that it would be best to have IB classic on the local machine and
>obviously IB SS on the server, but If someone can convince me that SS will
>suit my needs for both occasions then I'm willing to let go of IB Classic.

http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)