Subject Re: [IB-Architect] SuperServer vs. Classic
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 6/1/00 02:45 PM (Thursday), Dominique Louis wrote:
>I initially
>thought that it would be best to have IB classic on the local machine and
>obviously IB SS on the server, but If someone can convince me that SS will
>suit my needs for both occasions then I'm willing to let go of IB Classic.

Maybe my applications and databases are too small for it to make a
difference, but I have not understood why this would be a major decision or
make a big difference. I can see if you would be pushing the 200+ user
operational limits or if you needed multiple CPUs on the server for other
reasons. For most of what I see this issue just does not come up!

Dominique, have you actually observed a problem with either architecture
that makes you want to use one over the other, given your specific
application and typical database?