Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Database names: Hair trigger
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:25 AM 07-05-00 -0400, Claudio wrote:

>This resembles me the case with string literals that can be prefixed with a
>special charset declaration that's only buried in the collective memory,
>because AFAIK no official document speaks about that trick.
>;-)
>
>C.

And I thank whomever it was who told me that trick - it's a treat!

insert into ComponentData(Title, Description)
values(_UNICODE_FSS 'War and Peace', _UNICODE_FSS 'Íàñòîëüíàÿ êíèãà
Interbase ðàçðàáîò÷èêà');

Helen
http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)