Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Database names: Hair trigger
Author Tim Uckun
At 12:16 PM 5/5/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >(As the original Phoenix said, no flames please...)
>
>All the flames are getting to be here in Phoenix now... Runing the AC nearly
>day and night and it's not even summer yet... "Yea, but it's a dry heat..."
><g>
>
>If there isn't to be flames associated with Phoenix, why on earth did they
>name this place where I live Phoenix?
>
>PS. Just to stay on topic, I would absolutely love to see more system
>functions added to InterBase. Most especially in the string manipulation
>areas and date-time handling. I know that some of this has already been done
>but there could always be a little more... ;-)

You know if there was a decent regular expression engine then we would not
need 50 functions. The equavalent of the perl s// operator for example
would be very powerful. Of course I still stand in awe of the perl
substring function. The first time I typed in subtring (x, 5, -3) =
substring (y, 2,10) I nearly wet my pants. Well you know what I mean.

Tim Uckun
Mobile Intelligence Unit.
"There are some who call me TIM?"