Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Fw: Mischievous SYSDBA
Author Leyne, Sean
Tim,

And what about legitimate access via third party software??? [Excel via
ODBC, Crystal Reports via OLE DB, Cognos PowerPlay 7.0 by native
connection (we can hope)].

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Uckun [mailto:tim@...]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 10:38 AM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] Fw: Mischievous SYSDBA

At 09:46 AM 5/30/00 -0400, you wrote:

>There are lots of ways to solve most problems, but only if the
>problem is well understood. So, once again, could somebody make
>a stab at a clear problem definition. Not a prospective solution --
>just the problem.

I don't want to speak for everybody but here is my wish in a nutshell.

There ought to exists a mechanism such that only the application I have

written should have any access to the data and schema.

That's it. The file ought to be utterly useless to anything and anybody
other then my application. My application will interact with the data
and
show the results to my customer if, where, when and how I want.
Tim Uckun
Mobile Intelligence Unit.
"There are some who call me TIM?"